After a year’s pandemic hiatus, Christmas Ships is coming back to Ballard.
Christmas Ships is an annual Seattle tradition in which a parade of brightly decorated boats cruise from Puget Sound to Lake Union and Lake Washington. The boats stop at pre-planned locations, with the lead ship hosting an onboard chorus singing Christmas carols for folks to watch from shore.
Seattle Parks and Recreation will allow bonfires as part of the event at some Seattle parks including Golden Gardens.
The Ballard appearance will be this Sunday, Nov. 28. The lead ship will depart from Shilshole Marina and will go straight to Carkeek Park first for 5:35 p.m. carols, followed by a stop at Golden Gardens Park at 8:35 p.m.
Here’s the full list of locations for shoreline bonfires to see the ships:
- Nov. 26 @ 5:35pm, Don Armeni Park (Opening Night) (not park supported)
- Nov. 27 @ 8:35pm, Alki Beach Park
- Nov. 28 @ 5:35pm, Carkeek Park
- Nov. 28 @ 8:35pm, Golden Gardens Park
- Dec. 3 @ 5:35pm, Seward Park
- Dec. 4 @ 2:35pm, Pritchard Island Beach
- Dec. 4 @ 8:40pm, Stan Sayres Memorial Park
- Dec. 5 @ 8:35pm, Ferdinand Street Park
- Dec. 11 @ 2:50pm, Magnuson Park
- Dec. 17 @ 2:35pm, Madison Park Beach
- Dec. 17 @ 5:35pm, Madrona Park
- Dec. 18 @ 2:35pm, Matthews Beach
- Dec. 23 @ 9:10pm, Gas Works Park (Grand Finale)
Learn more, including how to get tickets to be on the lead ship, at Argosy’s website.