Today is Cinco de Mayo, and to celebrate, a group of local restaurants and bars are participating in Sabor Fest.
Sabor Fest is “centered around art to celebrate the Latin American culture in the PNW diaspora,” the event info reads. “The aim is to rethink ‘Cinco de Mayo’ from a local perspective, outside of stereotypes, and from the artists’ and community’s point of view.”
The festival is free and will be taking place at the following venues around Ballard and in Belltown.
- La Carta de Oaxaca (5431 Ballard Ave NW): Artist Carlos Martinez, 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- El Moose (5242 Leary Ave NW): Music from Mariachi Ayutla, 2 p.m. 4 p.m.
- Hattie’s Hat (5231 Ballard Ave NW): Nepantla Cultural Arts Market, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Bar Sabine (5307 Ballard Ave NW): Artists Victor Melendez & Esplif, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., and Artist Marilyn Montufar, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- King’s Hardware (5225 Ballard Ave NW): Tattoo artist Yovanni Del Rio with a tattoo pop-up, 7 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Percy’s & Co. (5233 Ballard Ave NW): Drag artists Queen Andrew and Victoria Amore, 8 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Jupter (2126 2nd Ave Suite A): Proyecto MC, 8 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Hotel Albatross (2319 NW Market St): Music from Tres Leches & Brujita XO, 9 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Ronette’s (4105 Leary Way NW): DJ Tremenda Diosa, 10:30 p.m. to 2 a.m.
For more info and the visual schedule, check out La Carta de Oaxaca on Facebook.