Monday is Memorial Day, which means events around the city to pay tribute and remember those who died while serving in the armed forces.
This weekend is also the annual NW Folklife Festival at Seattle Center, running from Friday to Monday. Expect traffic around the event.
Here’s what’s happening in Ballard (if you know of other Ballard events, email us at tips@MyBallard.com):
- Memorial Day Ceremony & Brunch at Crown Hill Cemetery and Ballard Elks: Memorial Day will be at Crown Hill Cemetery at 11 am (5/30) with a ceremony done by the VFW Honor Guard. “Chow” or brunch is served at the Ballard Elks Lodge at 12 noon. Suggested donation of $10. Please join us to honor and remember those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice.
- All U.S. Post Offices
- Most major banks and credit unions
- All locations of The Seattle Public Library
- Ballard Neighborhood Service Center
- All Seattle Public Schools and district offices
Things to remember:
- On-street parking is free in the City of Seattle.
- All King County Metro Transit bus routes are operating on a Sunday schedule.
- Garbage, food and yard waste, and recycling pick-up will be on a normal schedule.
Do you know of any other events or information for Memorial Day in Ballard? Email us at email@example.com and we will add the information to our post.
Photo: Ballard Elks’ Memorial Day event photo from 2019