The annual Argosy Christmas Ships and Bonfires at the Parks is returning this winter, with the first events happening this weekend.
Christmas Ships is a tradition in which a parade of lit-up boats cruises from Puget Sound to Lake Union and out to Lake Washington. The ships stop at pre-planned locations along the way, with an onboard chorus singing Christmas carols for the community to watch from shore.
Seattle Parks and Recreation is organizing public bonfires at a few Seattle parks where the Christmas ships will stop. Below is the schedule at Seattle Parks:
- Nov. 26, 8:35pm, Alki Beach Park
- Nov. 27. 5:35pm, Carkeek Park
- Nov. 27, 8:35pm, Golden Gardens Park
- Dec. 2, 5:35pm, Ferdinand Street Park
- Dec. 3, 2:35pm, Pritchard Island Beach
- Dec. 3, 5:35pm, Seward Park Playground
- Dec. 3, 8:40pm, Stan Sayres Memorial Park
- Dec. 4, 8:45pm, Mount Baker Park
- Dec. 10, 2:50pm, Magnuson Park
- Dec. 16, 5:35pm, Madrona Park
- Dec. 17, 5:35pm, Madison Park
- Dec. 20, 5:35pm, Matthews Beach Park
- Dec. 23, 9:10pm, Gas Works Park
Learn more, including how to get tickets to be on the lead ship, at Argosy’s website.