« Ballard Restaurants

Bad Albert’s Tap & Grill

Bad Albert’s Tap & Grill (American)
BadAlberts.com
5100 Ballard Ave. N.W. (map)
(206) 782-9623

TheStranger.com: “Consisting largely of what could be called bar food (although there’s also breakfasts on weekends), everything’s got a little something special.”

UrbanSpoon.com:”By far the best hot wings I have ever had. The dock street burger is also a must have.”

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (80 votes, average: 3.68 out of 5)
Loading ... Loading ...

• 1 karita76 // Sep 4, 2009 at 2:30 pm

The best ever! When I was pregnant and craving grilled cheese Bad Alberts made me the best sandwiches even though there is no grilled cheese on the menu. Great customer service!

• 2 ryanjm // Sep 9, 2009 at 7:00 pm

I love this place. A real down to earth neighborhood eatery. The food is fantastic, and always consisting of a nightly special. The Wednesday “NY Pepper Steak” with Penne Pasta and a Salad for only $14 is a winner. The Staff is friendly and willing to do what it takes to make your meal the best, and it always satisfys my tastebuds. Weekend Brunch is one of the best around. Bad A's is Bad A**!

• 3 GTS // Sep 20, 2009 at 1:44 am

Every time we go I walk in saying “I am NOT havig the breakfast sandwich” then it pulls me back in. French Bread, Eggs, Bacon, Cheese, Mayo. Oh and homefries on the side. “Just duct tape them to my butt as long as you're up”

Laps around Greenlake totally worth it.

• 4 amusedpen // Oct 23, 2009 at 9:20 pm

It's a bad as it gets. Before you misread that, in modern jargon, bad means good:-) No surprises here, just great pub food and sandwiches at great prices. We love it!

• 5 Name // Nov 20, 2009 at 8:53 pm

We've been going to Bad Alberts once every few weeks for about a year now, almost always on a Friday night. My husband and I think the Dock Street Burgers are the best anywhere; he gets his with a Caesar and I get mine with fries, and we're both happy. The three wait staff who work Fridays are so so nice, we've always had very friendly service. Apparently Lenny's up in Tangletown also serves a Dock Street Burger but we like to go to OUR people and get OUR cooks to make them. We really like this pub a lot and best of all, it is never too crowded to get a seat. Maybe it's not so much for the younger, more hep crowd, but as 50+ folk, we highly recommend it.

• 6 Guest // Jan 11, 2010 at 10:59 pm

Was there recently with friends. Very rude waitress with a pissy attitude. “beers are on the board” she said again and again. No time at all to run down the draft list even though there were only a couple other people in the joint. Wont be going back in there when she is around.

• 7 Kathryn // Feb 28, 2010 at 12:08 am

ya know, I'd give Bad's a 4.5 any day. When I want comfort, good service, and good 'ole American food with lots of twists, I go for Bad's. Burgers give Red Mill a run for their money.

• 8 Angela // Mar 2, 2010 at 4:44 am

I really like this place!!! The food is great!! Service is usually good. But one of there servers is always on her phone texting. She also talks about her kid and the fact that she is a single mom ALL THE TIME!!!! I come for food not a sob story or opinion about what I am eating. I would eat there more often if she wasn't there. But fear of the “single mom” b.s. keeps me away!

• 9 jonnyRingo9000 // Mar 16, 2010 at 1:34 am

Your a dumbass! Ha ha sounds like you have a personal problem.

• 10 John // Apr 2, 2010 at 10:44 pm

I stopped goin here once they hired some dirty blonde girl friday nights. She is rude, always on her phone texting or flirting with the old guys. If I wanted to see that nastiness I would go to a strip club. Atleast the girls are cuter there!

• 11 John // Apr 2, 2010 at 10:45 pm

Angela I totally agree I stopped going there the first time I saw her.

• 12 Name // Apr 27, 2010 at 11:16 pm

A personal problem that wont be spending their money at Bad Alberts!

• 13 The Mayor // May 24, 2010 at 10:51 am

best food in ballard!

• 14 Guest // Feb 4, 2011 at 1:14 am

Bad Albert’s has become our “go to” place – a comfortable, friendly, no nonense joint. The staff are without a doubt some of the nicest around – once you’ve come a few times they remember your favorites. There is nothing fancy, upscale or dare I say it “yuppie” about Bad Alberts. Just good basic food, served by nice people.