Here’s the list of what’s happening this weekend, including the Smokey Brights (above) rocking the Tractor on Saturday night. Have fun out there!
Friday, January 19
- DIAGON ALLEY: This is the last day to visit Ballard’s most popular holiday attraction before it closes. Diagon Alley is located at 7514 13th Ave NW.
- BHS BASKETBALL: The Ballard boys and girls teams are playing West Seattle in a doubleheader, and KBFG (107.3 FM) will broadcast live. Girls 7 p.m., boys 8:30 p.m.
- TOTALLY TUBULAR: The Tractor will throw That Totally Tubular 80’s Dance Party with DJ Indica Jones and R&B singer Wanz, 9 p.m., $8/$12
- DOLLY: Conor Byrne is hosting the Dolly Parton Birthday Party Tribute Show at 9 p.m., $10
Saturday, January 20
- SEATTLE WOMEN’S MARCH: Thousands of people will march in support of women’s rights from Cal Anderson Park in Capitol Hill to the Seattle Center, beginning at 10 a.m.
- LOCUST CIDER: Ballard’s newest taproom is throwing its official grand opening party with special ciders, giveaways and more, 5-10 p.m., 5309 22nd Ave. NW
- SECRET CRUSH: Reuben’s Brews is debuting its new IPA, Secret Crush, both on tap and in 4-packs of cans, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., 5010 14th Ave NW
- BATTLE OF THE BANDS: High school bands duel in a fundraiser for the Ballard High School mountain bike team, Ballard Elks Lodge, 7-10:30 p.m., 6411 Seaview Ave NW
- OVERTON BERRY: Local jazz legend Overton Berry comes together with special surprise guests at Egan’s Ballard Jam House, two shows at 7 and 9 p.m., $15/$25
- SMOKEY BRIGHTS: With “crackly and warm guitar-driven rock,” Smokey Brights, Sleeping Lessons and Tellers are playing the Tractor, 9 p.m., $8
Sunday, January 21
- VIEWING PARTY: The Ballard Annex is going to be featured on the Travel Channel’s Food Paradise, and its throwing a viewing party back in the Grog, 8 p.m.