Love it or hate it, it’s Valentine’s Day, and there’s plenty of ways to celebrate (or curse) love in Ballard today.
Here are a few options:
- Your Funny Valentine stand-up comedy at Peddler Brewing Company, 7pm. Featuring comedians Bo Johnson, Robert Moore, and Emmet Montgomery, with host Clair Webber. The show will be in the covered beer garden (with heaters) but you may want to bring a blanket. Food truck Cycle Dogs will be on site. $10.
- Valentine’s Groove Party with Planet Fly at Obec Brewing, 8pm. “Come solo, paired, or with a group of friends and shake your groove thang to the sweet funk and soul sounds of Planet Fly! Party kicks off at 8pm, and we’ll be staying open late (11pm) to keep the party going. The Peach & The Pig will be on hand serving up delicious eats. No cover, 21+ event.”
- For the Love of Swedish Cinema! with Professor Amanda Doxtater at the Nordic Museum, 7pm. “Join us for a look at Swedish cinema history through scenes from its greatest love stories, silent era to present. Bring your sweetheart or meet one in the museum!” Free.
- Bleeding Heart Militia: Love is Respect Benefit Show at the Ballard Substation, 8pm. 100% of Proceeds go to Love is Respect loveisrespect.org, focusing on education, advocacy, and are a resource folks coping with abuse and trauma.
Headliner will be DARK SMITH, with support from Happy Heartbreak, Littlespirits (Featuring Star Anna & Robert Roth of Truly), and Lonnie Baldwin. $10.
- Oh, For the Love Of— at Copious Love, 7:30pm. Storytellers will talk about “everything that makes us stupid happy.” Featuring: Emily Harvey, Alexei Cifrese, Kenna M. Kettrick, Kevin Dibble, Rachel Anne, Jennifer d’Anger Klouse. $15.
- Valentine’s Day Cards Against Humanity at Ballard Alki Odd Fellows Lodge, 6-11pm. “It’s the game for horrible people, and, well, if you are single on Valentines day, society says that you are horrible. If you are a couple, and you are thinking of coming with your significant other as your valentines day date? Well, it’s pretty clear you are horrible! Lastly, if you are a couple, and you are planning on NOT coming? Well, >WE< think you are horrible, so you might as well join us.”
- Valentine’s Day at Mox Boarding House, all day. “Join us at Mox this Valentines for a very unique day. Learn some new games, enjoy some delicious food and try some local craft beers and wines! We’ll have two player game demos all day with our friendly staff teaching so you don’t have to waste any valuable time with a rule book. Two Player games will be on sale with a 15% discount and our restaurant is offering a special Valentines Day Dessert. Forgot to get a Valentines Day card? Not to worry, we have you covered with a Card Making Station.”
Photo from Peddler Brewing’s event page