The summer events continue at Ballard Commons Park, with more art classes, fitness, concerts and movies on the agenda this coming week.
All events are free, fun, and family-friendly.
Here’s the schedule for August 16th – 22nd:
- Park concierges are on duty daily from 11 am – 8 pm, and during special events (listed below).
- Buskers (street musicians) play daily from noon – 2 pm.
Friday August 16:
- Park in the Heart Kids Art Booth 11 am – 5 pm. Drop by and make fun creative projects with local artist Blanca Santander.
Saturday August 17:
- Fitness in the Park 9 am – 10 am. All ability levels welcome. Bring a yoga mat if you can, and water.
- Yoga for Every Body 10 am – 11 am. Join Ballard Health Club for weekly yoga in the park. Bring a yoga mat if you can, and water.
Sunday August 18:
- Kids Pop Up Carnival: 2 pm – 4 pm. Come play at the park and enjoy different fun activities each session. This week will be face painting, interactive hula hooping, a kids percussion tent and magic show. Find us near the spray feature.
Tuesday August 20:
- Concerts at the Commons 6:30 pm – 8 pm. This week’s band is the Sequoia Collective, a group of friends, musicians and artists based in Seattle that come together to create a unique alternative electronic sound with thoughtful lyrics. Some seating provided. Bring your own lawn chair if you can
Thursday August 22:
- Movies in the Park: Moana. Join in with the Ballard Alliance and Auntie’s Family Kitchen food truck (serving Asian fusion meals) will return for the fourth of this 5-week movie series. Bring your own blanket or lawn chair to sit on.
For more information about the summer events at Ballard Commons, check out Visit Ballard’s Programs in the Park website.
Photo of Ghostbusters screening at Ballard Commons Park, by Visit Ballard on Facebook