Happy Thanksgiving! Ballard will be pretty quiet today — aside from the thousands who plan to build up an appetite by trotting through Sunset Hill this morning.
Many places will be shut for the day, but here are a few Ballard businesses that plan to open:
- Ballard Market, open until 4pm.
- Fred Meyer, open from 7am to 4pm.
- Cupcake Royale, open normal hours until 4pm.
- The Old Pequliar (1722 NW Market St.) opens at noon, and the kitchen opens at 4pm
- Fitzgerald’s sports bar (5811 24th Ave. NW) will open at 2pm
- The Lockspot Cafe (3005 NW 54th St.) opens at 4pm
- The Stepping Stone (5903 24th Ave.) opens at 6 pm
- Cafe Bambino (405 NW 65th St.) is open from 8am to noon
- Hattie’s Hat is open normal hours, serves Thanksgiving at 3:30pm
- King’s Hardware will be open at 7pm
- Ballard Coffee Works (2060 NW Market St.) is open from 7am to 3pm
- Miri’s at Golden Gardens will be open 9am until noon to feed the Turkey Trotters
- All US post offices
- Most major banks and credit unions
- Seattle Transfer stations
- Ballard Library
- Ballard Neighborhood Service Center (will remain closed through Saturday, November 28)
- All Seattle Parks and Recreation community centers including Ballard Pool
Things to remember:
- On-street parking is free in Seattle on Thanksgiving Day.
- King County Metro Transit bus routes are operating on a Sunday schedule Thanksgiving Day and will run on a reduced weekly schedule on Friday, November 23, with no UW campus service.
- Garbage, food and yard waste, and recycling will not be picked up in Seattle on Thanksgiving Day. Collections scheduled for Thursday will occur on Friday, and Friday collections will occur on Saturday due to the Thanksgiving holiday. Please be sure to have your containers out by 7 a.m. to ensure collection.
Photo from a previous year’s Turkey Trot