This week, expect to see crews out finishing up portions of the NW Market St improvement project.
SDOT says they’ll be relocating the pedestrian push button signal at the northwest corner of the 24th Ave NW and NW Market St intersection. Crews are also scheduled to pour concrete in the sidewalk area of the corner this week.
Concrete pours are also scheduled to occur in the following areas next week:
- The sidewalk area in front of the Mark 24 apartments
- The sidewalk east of 26th Ave NW
- A curb ramp on the south side of NW Market St between 26th and 28th avenues NW,
- The sidewalk on the north side of NW Market St near 30th Ave NW
- The sidewalk on the southwest corner of the 28th Ave NW and NW Market St intersection near the bus stop
Last week, SDOT crews installed a walkable surface around the tree pits along NW Market St. Sidewalks and ADA ramps along Market St have been removed and repaired, with the following work planned in the coming weeks:
- Rebuilding ADA ramps
- Sidewalk and curb removal and repaving
- Crosswalk repair at the intersections of 28th and 24th avenues NW and NW Market St
- Demolition and repaving of concrete panels in sections along NW Market St
- Sawcutting concrete panels along NW Market St
- Roadway resurfacing
- Driveway repairs
For more info or to stay updated on progress, visit SDOT’s Ballard Multimodal Corridor project page.